August 6, 2014 – Today is Daddy’s first birthday in Heaven. He would be 83 years old.
Jerry Harrington was an amazing father. As an earthly daddy he modeled for me many truths about my Heavenly Father .
1. The Lord is my Strength Daddy was larger than life. He was tough. I’ve never doubted that God would fight for me – and win. Psalm 28:7
2. The Father redeems and He restores Daddy testified often of the grace shown him through Jesus. His life will always remind me of grace.
3. The Father loves lavishly
- Daddy gave the best gripping hugs.
- He talked freely about how much he adored Mama and how beautiful she was to him …
- Pop told all his children and grandchildren he loved us… over and over again.
- I’ve never doubted the lavish love of the Father – because I saw our father love us with his words and his actions.
4. The Father is Faithful I’ve never doubted that God was faithful … because Daddy was faithful. He was there. I learned to trust a faithful God because of the faithfulness of my father.
“Know therefore that the Lord your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments, to a thousand generations.” Deuteronomy 7:9
On this day when I should bring the B’day gift … Once again, I realize that I’ve been given the gift.
Heavenly Father, Thank you for the gift of my earthly father. What a treasure. What an inheritance. Thank you for your story of grace in his life that has also captured mine. Thank you for your strength, faithfulness, and lavish love. In Jesus Name, Amen.