John 15:15 “I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.”
For many years, I was part of an ornament exchange. Every year we made 10 ornaments – kept one – and exchanged the other nine. As a result, I get enjoy a tree entirely filled with homemade ornaments that remind me of sweet friends. This little snowman ornament made by Lesley England, holds a sign that reads, “Some of my best friends are flakes!”
- Laugh with you until everything inside hurts
- Understand your heart without a word spoken
- Don’t take you or themselves too seriously
- Aren’t afraid to hold you accountable
- Encourage you to love Jesus with all your heart, mind, and soul
- Will pray with you and for you … over big things and small
A true friend can’t be bought – but will bring a lifetime of joy.
Father, thank you for my friends. You have encouraged my heart so many times through the kindness of my friends. Even though I’m the biggest ‘flake’ in the bunch, they love me anyway. At this Christmas time – please bless my friends and their families. Thank you that You invite us to be Your friends. I love You!
In Jesus Name